Guess what today is! Just guess! Well, if you can tell from my title, it’s Book Haul Day! Not that it’s a day that’s actually recognized somewhere, but I’m excited!
So today is the day! Today is a wonderful day!
I feel triumphant. I feel patient. I feel reward for that patience.
I am happy!
Today is the day I received my very first Book Outlet order.
[Insert happy squealing here!]
I literally clapped like a seal when my boyfriend walked the box in. I posted a picture on Instagram – because I needed to share this momentous occasion – but now I’m going to talk about them and why I got them.
First, let’s start this with some honesty. I was straight up stalking UPS (you know, as much as you can with the internet from your bed) because the estimated delivery date was this past Saturday. Despite using the word patient earlier, I am anything but, let me tell y’all. I was a little annoyed, I blamed the weather – which was way nicer than I was expecting, thanks Washington. I just wanted them. I wanted more books! I demand instant gratification – and mostly I demand books. But, obviously, that doesn’t happen, so I mostly slept as I waited. Still a win.
Anyway, I’m not that selfish, I promise.
So BACK TO THE BOOKS!
In this lovely, awesome, amazing package from the Book Heavens, I received six books.
I’ve been trying to place myself on a book ban. I even gave my debit card to my boyfriend for safe keeping, but it doesn’t help when it’s saved in the cloud or whatever. As you can see, I fail.
- Lauren Beukes, Broken Monsters
- This was a book I heard about on “All the Books!” It’s about a detective on the search of a serial killer who sews body parts together with the parts of dead animals. A little morbid. Okay. A lot morbid. But I was fascinated. It’s in multiple voices, some from the detective, the killer, the detective’s daughter, random people. I was sold.
- Rebecca Makkai, Music for Wartime
- Another “All the Books!” discovery and all I heard was tiny Beethoven who becomes big Beethoven. I needed to read these short stories.
- Catie Disabato, The Ghost Network
- A celebrity goes missing (think Taylor Swift) and I love me some mysteries.
- Jennifer Tseng, Mayumi and the Sea of Happiness
- An affair, a librarian, need I say more.
- Kelly Creagh, Nevermore
- This one has been on my TBR since I found Goodreads back in 2012 (I was late to the party) and I’ve been very interested. I never really see it around here so I thought I’d buy it.
- Jacqueline Green, Secrets and Lies (Truth or Dare, 2)
- I’ve been neglecting reading this. Mostly because I couldn’t find it in paperback (because I have the first book in paperback and I want them to match). The first book left me with so many questions and there was an added character who intrigues me, so I need to continue this series.
I’m so happy with this Book Mail.
Book Mail is the best mail!