In April, I read 7 books. That’s my highest book-per-month for a while. I’m usually lucky if I manage one read but I did very well.
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- I had been meaning to read this book for a while and it was vastly different than what I originally thought it would be. I was pleasantly surprised and truly enjoyed it.
- The Walking Dead, Vol 5: The Best Defense by Robert Kirkman
- Since I’ve stopped watching the show, I’ve decided to make my way through the comics. I’m always hesitant when zombies are involved but it’s a slow process for me. And I’ve only just started.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- I’ve seen this a lot on Bookstagram and Booktubers and didn’t initially want to read it because of the hype and the awkward style but it was different and sucked me in toward the end.
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- If I knew this was as adorable and heartbreaking as it was, I would have read this the moment it came out. But it took a few years for me to see how much I would love it. Now I’m excited for more of whatever Noelle Stevenson has to give us.
- Tell Me How This Ends Well by David Samuel Levinson
- This was my first book for review I’ve received and wasn’t my favorite of the month. It was slow in the first section and slowly picked up in the middle. I wanted to know how it ended but was disappointed with myself for skimming my way through the end.
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- I always hate to say when something is my least favorite of an author but if I were to rank Colleen Hoover’s books in order from my favorite to my least favorite in descending order, November 9 would definitely hit the bottom of the stack. While it had the greatest scene I have ever read – and it was so awesome, I had to read it people – I did have to push myself in the middle.
- It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
- This book broke me, struck me, and will stick with me for a while. I loved it and I absolutely need to make people read it. I already gave it to my best friend for her birthday – I did it before I read it after hearing how much people loved it, I’m happy I did that. I’m so happy for this heartbreaking, realistic read.
I really hope to keep this reading momentum going for May. I’ve already selected my first read – correction, I had my boyfriend select it after giving him a few options – and I’m eager to get into it!
Happy reading, y’all ♥