I’ve read four books and one short story collection during the month of May. I’ve been working a lot since I started my new job, so I’ve been physically and emotionally drained, too much so, to actually sit down a read a take the time to enjoy a book but I’m still proud of myself.
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman
- I heard about this from All the Books! Podcast and thought it would be terrifying only to take it as a mystery in the end. I didn’t get that terror I was hoping for but I still enjoyed it.
- Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner
- This I received for review and completely enjoyed. It was amazing and heartbreaking and I still need to read more from this author. I have his first book somewhere in the stacks.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- I read this because I was curious about the hype – that may have already ruined the read for me but I didn’t get the feeling most people seem to get. I hate to say that I was waiting for it to end but that was essentially my though process as I read it. I felt the same as I read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I’m hoping to enjoy A Court of Mist and Fury more.
- Barbara the Slut and Other People by Lauren Holmes
- I don’t typically read short stories but I’m trying to branch out of my comfort zone with my reading. These are still in the back of my mind as I go through my days still trying to figure most of them out. I’m not sure if I should be looking for meaning in them or enjoying them as a story. That’s always been my difficulty with my reading – whether to enjoy it or find some deeper meaning, feeling, behind the words.
- The Whole Thing Together by Ann Brashares
- This I received for review and I wasn’t too impressed with it. The way it was structured confused me with which character was being featured at what time. I also felt it wasn’t too realistic all around. But it still hit me in the heart with the feels.
All in all, not a bad list, not too disappointed. Every book gives me a new perspective. I don’t know what I’ll be reading in June, if it will be a long list or a short list but I know I’ll learn something.
Happy reading, y’all ♥