One more month of reading under my belt and here I am to tell you about it. I have finished seven books – five novels, one manga short story collection, one novella – and have started many, many more, but I’m going off track. Let’s talk about some books, now.
- The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls by Emilie Autumn
- I was a little surprised by this and a little disappointed. I thought it was about one thing, I expected it to help me more with my own mental disorder, but it seemed to leave me more confused than when I started. Also, way gorier than I was expecting. Still, I’m happy I finally read it and I’ll probably pick it back up again.
- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon: Short Stories, Vol. 1 by Naoko Takeuchi
- A little disappointed with this. I was expecting more Sailor Moon and her team not frilly short stories that seemed more fluff than substance. Still, I love Sailor Moon and I will read the second one when the mood strikes.
- The Girl in 6E by A. R. Torre
- This is one of my favorite reads of the month. I went in thinking it was one way and was surprised it took me on a different direction. It did get a little annoying and repetitive but I enjoyed and I’m super excited for the sequels. I just need to find the second one in my book piles.
- Sweet by Tammara Webber
- I was disappointed in myself for taking so long to read this. Tammara Webber never disappoints. Has to be my favorite read of the month.
- A Shade of Vampire by Bella Frost
- This had so much potential and I’m not so eager to continue with the series but I will. Life is too short not to hope for the best in my reading life.
- Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris
- I started this literally while watching the television show because I hate waiting for answers. I’m not sure if the series will go the same way as the book but it was funny, it was cute, and I’m excited for more from this series.
- Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover
- This was fun and quick, a nice read to round out the month.
Now I’m off to find my next read! I really don’t know what it will be or what I’m in the mood for. If only I kept up with that TBR jar I started to make… Oh, well.
Have a good month of reading!